United Way needs YOU!! When you give to the United Way of Rockingham County, your gift adds to those of others. TOGETHER we can make a difference! We need community partners like YOU to join US to continue making a difference!
United Way of Rockingham County (UWRC) is the most effective and efficient way of supporting health and human services in our area.The dollars you contribute in a United Way campaign are combined with those of other generous givers and are used to deliver services to more people and in more ways than any of us could possibly do alone. United Way goes beyond merely fundraising…we seek to build up and serve our community by recognizing developing needs and creating opportunities to serve those needs.
Think of the United Way of Rockingham County as a franchise…We pay a licensing fee to use the United Way name & logo, but campaign funds raised here STAY HERE! We do not send money outside of Rockingham County. In order for an agency to apply for funding from UWRC, they must show how the dollars will be spent to assist Rockingham County Citizens. All the Board of Directors live and/or work right here in Rockingham County. All decisions regarding funding are made locally. Many of our partnering agencies utilize the dollars awarded by UWRC on applications for other State and Federal Grants to have those dollars matched or multiplied.
What your money can do
With your donations, the United Way of Rockingham County is able to support 17 partnering agencies with 32 programs and services. Several of these programs would not exist if it were not for your assistance.
For $2 a week for a year ($104 total) you can:
- Provide 2 families with 5 days of food
- Provide treatment for 1 student with strep throat
- Provide 1 classroom embryology kit to study the life cycle in elementary school
- Provide 3 classrooms with curriculum for the Butterfly Program.
- Mail 3 children reading books each month for a year
- Provide 8 egg crate mattresses for Hospice patients
- Assist the Help Inc domestic violence shelter with all types of needs for abuse victims from hygiene products, medications, and household needs
- Keep the power on for 1 family this month
- Send 1 child to camp for a safe summer
Thank you to all the companies who made last year’s campaign a success!!! You are heroes making a REAL and LASTING impact right here in your community, and thanks to you, Rockingham County and its residents continue to LIVE UNITED!