Congratulations and Thank You to all the Companies Who Made Last Year’s Campaign a Success! You are heroes…and thanks to you, Rockingham County and its residents continue to
Dear United Way Supporters,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! With the donation of your dollars, the United Way of Rockingham
County is able to support 17 partnering agencies with 32 programs and services. Several of these
programs would not exist or would be in financial hardship were it not for your assistance.
Here are a few behind the scenes facts about how your dollars help:
- Help Incorporated: Center Against Violence uses your United Way dollars to sustain the Domestic Violence
emergency shelter; and as the basis for matching funds from other Federal, State and Private Grants
which they apply. Without your support, they would not be eligible for other dollars awarded to them.
- Rockingham County 4-H provides all the materials for the Embryology curriculum taught in our 2nd
grade classrooms (chicken hatching and butterfly release).
- Hospice of Rockingham County has never turned away an uninsured individual from care for lack of
- Thousands of youth are serviced with afterschool and summer enrichment programs including academic
tutoring and character development via the Eden Boys & Girls Club, Eden YMCA, Madison/Mayodan
Recreation Commission, Reidsville YMCA and Salvation Army.
- High school students from across the county can seek healthcare services without leaving school
grounds thanks to Rockingham County Student Health Services.
- Our elderly as assisted with home meal delivery via Meals on Wheels with Aging Disability and Transit
Services. Along with meals, human contact from volunteers goes a long way in brightening someone’s day.
- All three Rockingham County Rescue Squads are supported with funding for continuing education training
and much needed equipment. Thanks to your dollars, when needed they are there.
- Emergency assistance is provided to your friends and neighbors through the American Red Cross and
the Salvation Army of Rockingham County when it is needed the most.
- Age appropriate books are provided to all registered children in Rockingham County birth to age five
through Rockingham County Partnership for Children.
The United Way of Rockingham County continues to be Local People donating Local Dollars to serve Local
Needs!! Thank you for all your help! Neighbors helping neighbors! If you have any questions or need more
information to make an informed decision on donation, please contact the United Way of Rockingham
County office @ 336.342.7768.
Casey Gammon Vincent
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Board Volunteer of the Year Award
Out Going President
100% Participation Awards
Super Platinum Award
Karastan – Division of Mohawk
McMichael Family Foundation
Fund Distribution Committee (FDC)